Learn about five free features that will make your Yelp Business Page stand out. These will make your page easy to find when people are searching for a business like yours.
- Specialties: In this section, you can tell your business’s story in your own words. Use it to share why customers should choose you.
- Check-in offers: These reward customers with a special promotion when they “check in” to your business on Yelp. It can be a percentage off, a free item, or a discounted price.
- Photo captions: When you upload a photo in your Yelp for Business account, use descriptive words and phrases. Adding photo captions can make your products or services more memorable and approachable.
- Holiday and special hours: Listing your regular and special hours creates a better customer experience. Special hours appear at the top of your business page and in the hours section.
- Amenities: These provide more details about your business operations and availability. Certain amenities are searchable by Yelp users and help them narrow down their options when looking for a business with certain features.
With these five updates, you’re well on your way to getting the most out of your Yelp Page. You can even take advantage of these features on the go, with the Yelp for Business app.
- Top 3 things to do after claiming your Yelp Business Page
- Taking advantage of Yelp’s free tools
- Choosing the right photos to market your business
- Top 10 benefits of using the Yelp for Business mobile app
When people are searching on Yelp for a business like yours, you want to be easy to find. Yelp has dozens of free features that make your business page stand out. Here are five you may not know about.
Number one, specialties. Here’s where you add details about your services offerings and what you do best. For example, if you’re a hair salon, call out some of the services you’re known for, like blowouts, coloring, or highlights. Use this section to tell people why they should choose you, plus the key phrases that you use will help you get more organic visibility in Yelp searches.
Number two, check-in offers. These offers reward customers with a special promotion when they check in to your business on Yelp. You get to set the terms of this offer, so it can be a percentage off, a free item, or a discounted price, like $5 off for new customers. When a user activates that offer, their friends on Yelp will receive a notification about it. This feature is also available for service-based businesses.
Number three, photo captions. Captions will give potential customers a better understanding of your offerings, and the key words used will help you appear in more Yelp search results. When you upload a photo in your Yelp for Business account, use descriptive words and phrases even if what you’re writing seems obvious.
Number four, holiday and special hours. Listing your regular and special hours creates a better customer experience. Whether you’re closed on July 4th or open late every Friday, make sure you have updated hours on your Yelp Page. You can set up and change your hours at any time, and special hours will appear at the top of your business page and in the hour.
Section number five, amenities. These are a list of business attributes that provide helpful information to consumers, such as accepts credit cards or dogs allowed. You can also add self-identifying amenities like Black-owned or LGBTQ-owned. Yelp. Users love supporting businesses that align with their values and communities.
With these five updates, you’re well on your way to getting the most out of your Yelp Page. To take advantage of these features on the go, download the Yelp for Business app. For more tips and tricks, head over to our business blog.